Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: opening my pool

1. Back To Top    #1

opening my pool

Live in NC

Temp is 65 but this time on the year it will hold 80 during the day and 50 at night.

pool size is a 30' round 25,100 gallons

Salt water pool

Sand filter

1.5HP motor

Water is a little cloudy

Don't know the PH getting a test kit and some salt today and a container of shock.

Any advise on opening this thing would be great I do have a vacuum and all the tools to get things done, just need to know the steps on how to do it so it's done correct the first time.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: opening my pool

Take a look at the opening an above ground pool article in Pool School. In-ground pools are slightly different, but most of the steps are the same.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: opening my pool

Skip the "shock" and buy either 10-12% chlorine or bleach. I've found all the information I need from signatures (Pool School, Pool Calculator, etc)

If you're confused/stuck and searching doesn't turn up a good answer, start a new thread. Everyone is very helpful.
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]