Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: its almost full!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

its almost full!!!!

Hello my name is lisa. I live in southaven ms. Pool was put up on tues 3/26/12. it has been 80 degrees here pool temp has been 70 to 71. i am new at this I dont think my husband can handle the hassle. :P So I have not gotten a fancy test kit yet. Saving my money since I lost my job, any tips will be appreciated!!! I will be shocking the pool tonight..

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: its almost full!!!!

I have not gotten a fancy test kit yet. Saving my money since I lost my job, any tips will be appreciated!!! I will be shocking the pool tonight..
    It will be very hard to Shock your pool without a proper test kit.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

What kind of pool do you have?

4. Back To Top    #4

Lisa, add all of your pool information to your signature line when you get a chance. That will help us in helping you in the future.
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to tfp, lisa9126

What do you have for a test kit now?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.