SWG Survey

Lershac

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 1, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
Hey all,

I know everyones situation is different... but i wanted to get a feel for what the range of answers is...

I have a pentair 40K gal SWG on a 16 k pool in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I have been running mine between 30 and 40%

What percentage do you run your swg on? Please list your pool size as well, and your location geographically.

Thanks!

I am looking forward to the results of this survey. Good thread topic. I am on my first season and just turned my IC40 on yesterday at 50%. I suspect I will have to adjust it up from there given I am running a 40K cell on a 33K Gallon pool. Looking back, I wish I would have bought the IC60. Given CYA at 80, I am going to try and dial it in to 6ppm FC. Anxious to hear what others are running their units at.

AutoPilot SC-60 - 19,000 gallons, 17%.

[[[So many factors affect the percentage required (CYA, direct sunlight hours, swim hours, SWG size, pool size, water temperature, and so on) that comparing percentages really doesn't tell you very much.]]]

JasonLion said:
AutoPilot SC-60 - 19,000 gallons, 17%.

[[[So many factors affect the percentage required (CYA, direct sunlight hours, swim hours, SWG size, pool size, water temperature, and so on) that comparing percentages really doesn't tell you very much.]]]

I suspect that cya, sunlight, and run time will be the ruling factors on residential pools.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ic-60
24K gallons, covered
12hr pump time, 11hrs SWG
intellichem managed
~55% most days that we swim,
~30% on days when cover not opened,
cya 33, FC 3.5-4.5
We swim about every other day for 1-2hrs
and weekly group swim lessons for neighborhood kids

Jandy aquapure 1400 40k cell
60%
6 hours of pump time
16k gallons
82 degree water
CYA 70
A lot of swimming already

Last summer:
80% with 16 hours of pump time
88 degree water
CYA 80
But the wife taught lessons for 6 hours a day with a lot of little kids.

- Aquarite t-15
- @6,000 gals pool size
- set at 10%
- runs when solar energized probably 6 hrs in the cooler months and 1-2hrs in the hot months
we usually turn it to 50-60% when we are expecting a heavy bather load. I keep a very high FC usually 10.

Most peoples guidelines seem ok, but will vary based upon swimmer load, debris in pool, sunlight, CYA.

Just once you get it working you will just test for FC and TC as normal until you find the right balance. Also when or if you
shock your pool you will run at full open for 2o+ hours.

Otherwise the hotter and more sun you will burn up more Chlorine, and heavy loads will do the same.

I run mine for 12 hours at 30% on average in the summer for a 26K pool and pump at appx Variable speed punp at appx 40%

Aquarite T15
35% now
55-60% in full swim season
DFW area
Full sun from8am till 7:30pm
Run time now 5 hours
Swim season 9-10
CYA 35 now dialing up to 60 now
Few swimmers and a Lab.
FC 3.5 now dialing up to 6.5
77* now
29K pool with Diamond Brite

Goldline T-15 Cell 1.45 lbs/24 hrs
40% setting
Varying run time from 8 hours in the summer to 1 hour in the winter but I usually keep percentage constant.
20k gallons

<- Location

ping said:
60%
6 hours of pump time
16k gallons
82 degree water
CYA 70

Last summer:
88 degree water
CYA 80
Betting you have a couple of kids not getting out of the pool to take care of bidness there bro!

Lershac said:
ping said:
60%
6 hours of pump time
16k gallons
82 degree water
CYA 70

Last summer:
88 degree water
CYA 80
Betting you have a couple of kids not getting out of the pool to take care of bidness there bro!

A lot of 2-4 year olds will do that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.