$4.49 for 128 oz. of 10% or $2.49 for 96 oz. of 6%...

Sep 22, 2011
Which is a better deal? I'm having a brain fart and can't figure this out mathmatically... I know that in terms of volume, you need four of the 96 oz. bottles to equal three of the 128 oz. bottles, but the concentrations are screwing me up.

I'm in K-Mart, by the way. The 6% is Chlorox Bleach, and the 10% is their sodium hypochlorite "Shock" product in the pool isle.

Thanks,

Kevin

128ozX0.10 is 12.8oz sodium hypo. $4.49/12.8oz=35 cents per ounce.

96ozX.06 is 5.76oz sodium hypo. $2.49/5.76oz=43.2 cents per ounce.

I was in the pressure washing business for 5yrs and purchased many thousands of gallons. Water is expensive to ship. As a result, higher concentrations are, more often than not, a better value.

If you research industrial chem suppliers (or even pressure washing suppliers) you should be able to find 12% for under $3/gal.

DeadAquaRite said:
I was in the pressure washing business for 5yrs and purchased many thousands of gallons. Water is expensive to ship. As a result, higher concentrations are, more often than not, a better value.

If you research industrial chem suppliers (or even pressure washing suppliers) you should be able to find 12% for under $3/gal.

You'd think higher concentrations would be cheaper for the very reason you gave, but Walmart 6% bleach is still quite a bit cheaper than 10 or 12% for much of the country.

We get awesome deals in Miami:

$4.50 for 2½ gallons of 10%.... and you get a punch card for buy 10 get 11 free, so that's like 10% off every time, so let's say $4.33 (incl. sales tax)..... and at least once a month, they do buy 2 get 1 free.... so that's $8.66 for 7½ gallons of 10%.

Can't beat that!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.