Opening a pool without a main drain....

May 15, 2009
Mason, OH
ok so for some reason my pool does not have a main drain. I just have a skimmer and two returns. The set up is (if you are standing in the middle of the deep end, rectangle 16x32) one return on the short deepend wall about 2-3' off the right wall approx 2-3' below average waterline. Another return on the shallow end short wall on the left side approx 5-6' off the left wall just below average waterline. SO my issue is i always have some spring cleaning to do, algae etc, doens't seem to matter how i close (this is another post in itself so i won't get into it). But it usually takes forever to get the pool to clean up. After shocking and holding it until overnight is passed it still takes a while to get enought circulation to clean up the dead algae. Anyone have an tricks tip etc to aid in this process? I usually use DE in the sand filter, going to clean maybe replace the sand this year too...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.