need help deciding on one of these deck designs

Mar 19, 2012
we are having a 27' ag pool put in and with some help I came up with 2 different styles of decks.
I like both so its hard to decide on which to build.
I will add that we have a 4 yo and 1.5 yo children safe safety is the most important aspect.
I hope the pics work...

Attachments

• deck1.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 252
  • deck2.pdf
    124 KB · Views: 280
I like deck 1 also. We have a 30 ft ag pool and put the splash deck completely around the pool. It makes it so much easier to put the solar cover on and off, watch the kids, etc. This year we are adding on to the splash deck to connect it to the deck and pavilion we have off the back of the house.

They both have advantages. I'd merge them and go with the elevated larger deck of Deck 1 and the smaller deck around the pool of deck 2.

The kids will want to swim when you are tired of it, and you can sit and see them in the water on the larger area. You won't be able to sit at ground level and keep an eye on them.

The full wrap-around deck will be handy for cleaning the pool, anchoring a winter cover, and possibly a location for the reel for a solar blanket. If you go ahead and make the deck nearly square, you can put a solar blanket reel on the side away from the seating area. You can probably get by with a 3/4 wrap and still have room for the reel if you plan for it.

heikejohn said:
I like deck 1. More space to sit on a lounge-chair, in the shade, under an umbrella to watch the kids in the pool!

I thought the same thing about deck1...but if you look at deck2...there seems to be a sizeabe deck or patio...just at ground level for sitting in chairs....grilling...etc.

but if I had to choose out of both of them...I guess I'd say deck1 as well.

JohnT said:
They both have advantages. I'd merge them and go with the elevated larger deck of Deck 1 and the smaller deck around the pool of deck 2.

The kids will want to swim when you are tired of it, and you can sit and see them in the water on the larger area. You won't be able to sit at ground level and keep an eye on them.

The full wrap-around deck will be handy for cleaning the pool, anchoring a winter cover, and possibly a location for the reel for a solar blanket. If you go ahead and make the deck nearly square, you can put a solar blanket reel on the side away from the seating area. You can probably get by with a 3/4 wrap and still have room for the reel if you plan for it.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. You want a big deck, and you need the wraparound for brushing and vacuuming.

studdboyz75 said:
we are having a 27' ag pool put in and with some help I came up with 2 different styles of decks.
I like both so its hard to decide on which to build.
I will add that we have a 4 yo and 1.5 yo children safe safety is the most important aspect.
I hope the pics work...

Our deck only goes half way around and everytime I'm cleaning it, I wish the deck was all the way around. Half deck was a huge mistake not only because of the cleaning aspect but also less room for quests and the kids..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.