Time for an upgrade, but to what??

Mar 6, 2012
I have a 22k gal rectangular pool. It has a new Nautilus FNS 36 for a filter, plubing is 1 1/2. I have an older pump and motor, i think original with pool....circa late 70s. the pump is a brass or bonze aquaflo. The motor is intermittently humming, with non start. i think it is a capacitor. I would like to know what I need in the way of a new pump. I have no idea what size the stuff is as the info plate has worn off. The pool stays clean, and I am ordering a new suction cleaner, as it had a Polaris pressure, and did great for leaves, not so good for fine debris. The pool also has two skimmers. Please help!! Alzso where do you get capacitors for a Centurion no switch motor...dual capacitors.

Attachments

• 0329121116a.jpg
    0329121116a.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 0329121712.jpg
    0329121712.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 38
Hopefully Mark will stop by, but you can probably easily use a 1HP 2-speed pump (Superflo or Whisperflo) maybe even the 3/4 HP Superflo.

No idea about the caps, but I am sure you could same some electricity $ by going to a 2-speed. However, you may not be able to run the cleaners on low speed ... someone else would have to chime in. Do you always have the cleaners running?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.