Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Time for an upgrade, but to what??

1. Back To Top    #1

Time for an upgrade, but to what??

I have a 22k gal rectangular pool. It has a new Nautilus FNS 36 for a filter, plubing is 1 1/2. I have an older pump and motor, i think original with pool....circa late 70s. the pump is a brass or bonze aquaflo. The motor is intermittently humming, with non start. i think it is a capacitor. I would like to know what I need in the way of a new pump. I have no idea what size the stuff is as the info plate has worn off. The pool stays clean, and I am ordering a new suction cleaner, as it had a Polaris pressure, and did great for leaves, not so good for fine debris. The pool also has two skimmers. Please help!! Alzso where do you get capacitors for a Centurion no switch motor...dual capacitors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intex 16'x48" Metal Frame Above Ground. 5061 gallon.
    Two 1000 gph/750 flow rate Intex cartridge filters.
    Memphis, TN

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Time for an upgrade, but to what??

Hopefully Mark will stop by, but you can probably easily use a 1HP 2-speed pump (Superflo or Whisperflo) maybe even the 3/4 HP Superflo.

No idea about the caps, but I am sure you could same some electricity $ by going to a 2-speed. However, you may not be able to run the cleaners on low speed ... someone else would have to chime in. Do you always have the cleaners running?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!