"Rinse" position on multivalve

You got it.

I use it when backwashing ... switch between backwash and rinse until the backwash is clean. I have heard bout using it when charging with new DE also so that any DE that makes it past the grid does not end up in the pool (although I have never seen this to be a problem).

jblauert said:
I have heard bout using it when charging with new DE also so that any DE that makes it past the grid does not end up in the pool (although I have never seen this to be a problem).
I agree it should not be a problem. However, in my limited experience, as well as my limited expertise, and possibly my limited intelligence, I always seem to get a little bit of DE back into the pool when recharging. Just enough to be annoying...

Next time I backwash/recharge I will follow a slightly different procedure. Instead of recharging in filter position, I will leave the multivalve in rinse while I recharge with DE. I don't think it will waste too much additional water because this part of the overall procedure happens fairly quickly.

Beez said:
jblauert said:
I have heard bout using it when charging with new DE also so that any DE that makes it past the grid does not end up in the pool (although I have never seen this to be a problem).
I agree it should not be a problem. However, in my limited experience, as well as my limited expertise, and possibly my limited intelligence, I always seem to get a little bit of DE back into the pool when recharging. Just enough to be annoying...

Next time I backwash/recharge I will follow a slightly different procedure. Instead of recharging in filter position, I will leave the multivalve in rinse while I recharge with DE. I don't think it will waste too much additional water because this part of the overall procedure happens fairly quickly.

I may pay attention a little more and see if any is sneaking past for me as well ... I agree it really should not be very much water loss at all to leave on Rinse.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.