Baqua - Chlorine Conversion in April (Will Post Pics)

Leeb- not sure what I'm gonna do with all this time, probably start planning for the salt water conversion :)

I passed the OCLT last night and still only have .5 CC so I added a bit of CYA this morning...I think I read somewhere that I should wait a bit before testing to get accurate results. I put about 4 pounds.

I scrubbed the pool again today as well.

I was wondering though, I know that pool school says to go ahead and return the pool back to it's normal levels as soon as you are at .5 CC or less for two days but if I am still at .5, doesn't that mean that I am still fighting something?

Also, will I be running my filter at normal times as well? I've still been running it 24/7.

Quickly looking back it looks like you tested a CC level of 1 yesterday after shocking. You may still be fighting something. I myself would leave it for another day just to make sure. However.....after that you can start treating a .5CC level as a zero. There is a margin of error of .5 in the test. Many people who always test a zero reading on their CC levels may use a .5 as a heads up to keep an eye on their water, but at this point you can start to wind the swap down some after maybe another day. Even this is I'm sure is an overkill....but why get this far and not just finish 100% of everything off. The OCLT is a MUCH better test of just what you're fighting. As for the filter......swap back to normal times. If the water looks as clear as the photo's show.....you're finished. :D

ENJOY the water.

Butterfly said:
The wife and I agree, though, that the pool NEVER looked this good last year. It is funny how you don't realize how murky your water is until you see it crystal clear.
We hear this a lot from conversion folks :-D

I know a BBB pool when I see one! The water quality is just out of this world crystal clear! You can't buy it at a pool store! :mrgreen:

Thanks All, we are very excited to actually jump in...and now of course the weather has gone from 75 and sunny to 55 and rainy :roll:

We have been at .5CC for two days so I will probably keep the FC high until tomorrow and then let it come back down to regular levels (just to be safe)

I've got a non-baqua question I was hoping someone can answer. I've attached a pic here that is of my coping (I think) although I am not entirely sure of what the pieces actually do. The rounded, gold piece that looks like it is held on by a couple of clips is smooth, and some sort of metal. The flatter white piece is rougher (sort of like a truck rhino liner).

Both are fading and chipped and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what I can do to paint/update them on the cheap. Now that my water is looking like a million bucks...

IMG_0554.jpg

Hi Tideman, my 16x32 inground pool has an aluminum coping. It was in real rough shape when we bought the home (last year was our first season). I painted my coping with white rustoleum and finished it with a textured rustoleum and royal blue strip down the middle. All in all it looks wonderful and should last more than a couple of years. It was cheap but alot of work. The big issues were keeping the paint off of the water and the liner and how many coats it took (4 or so) to get it to look even.

I am happy with it and will post some pictures as soon as I have a chance.

PS. I looked into professional pool paint and it was prohibitively expensive.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.