Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: About to take the plunge

1. Back To Top    #1

About to take the plunge

After consideration and a fair amount of reading I have decided to purchase an above ground pool. I have looked both locally and on the internet and think I have settled on this pool package. http://nationwidepools.com/ultima.htm (standard package with pump/filter) I am going the route of an 18' due to having a small back yard. Before I place my order I'd like to see what you guys think of this pool. Thanks for any feedback you may be able to provide.
    Hallmark: 16 X 32 - Built 1985 - In Ground - Chlorine - ~18,000 Gallons - 1 Main Drain @ 50% - 1 Skimmer @ 100%
    Fibre Tech: Coated 2006
    Pentair: TR 40 - Triton II Sand Filter and Valve - 38 GPM - One 1.5 Inch Supply Header Into Two 1 Inch Supplies and Two 1.5 Inch Returns
    Hayward: SP4015NS Northstar Pump 2.0 HP Motor 130GPM @ 10' Head with 1.5 HP Motor
    Polaris: 380 Pool Cleaner
    Rainbow: 320 Three Inch Tab Chlorine Feeder
    Long Beach, MS: Lots Of Iron In Water - Whole House Water Filter Upstream Of Pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: About to take the plunge

It looks like a pretty good deal. 18' is kind of small but wew all have to live in the constraints given us. I don't recall any complaints about that pool or vendor but use the google search at the bottom left of the page to search their name.

Read through a bunch of the AGP installation threads and you'll gain a lot of insight into what needs to be done and how others have handled it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks good to me, are you installing yourself or getting someone to do it.
    I'd recommend using this time to read thru pool school, itemize what you need (include a good test kit) and start educating yourself in what the build entails and how to maintain.

Good luck!!
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the forum!

While you decide and wait on the pool be sure to read Pool School and get yourself a good test kit, links to both are in my signature below.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I will be having someone install it for me. The ground leveling work just doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me. I wish the pool came with a two speed pump, but I guess I could just run the pump less instead.
    Hallmark: 16 X 32 - Built 1985 - In Ground - Chlorine - ~18,000 Gallons - 1 Main Drain @ 50% - 1 Skimmer @ 100%
    Fibre Tech: Coated 2006
    Pentair: TR 40 - Triton II Sand Filter and Valve - 38 GPM - One 1.5 Inch Supply Header Into Two 1 Inch Supplies and Two 1.5 Inch Returns
    Hayward: SP4015NS Northstar Pump 2.0 HP Motor 130GPM @ 10' Head with 1.5 HP Motor
    Polaris: 380 Pool Cleaner
    Rainbow: 320 Three Inch Tab Chlorine Feeder
    Long Beach, MS: Lots Of Iron In Water - Whole House Water Filter Upstream Of Pool