Hayward Vari-Flo Control Valve

I have a Hayward SP714 T1 Valve that has a crack where you install the pressure gauge (I tightened the gauge too tight). I fixed it using JB Weld about two years ago, but this year it has started to leak again, so I thinking to replace it.

How hard if it to replace one? Will I need to do a lot of plumbing? And is there any difference between the SP714 T1 and the SP714 T?

Replacing a multi-position valve is at the difficult end of PVC plumbing, still PVC plumbing in general isn't too bad. The main issue is that there are quite a few connections in a tight space that all have to line up just right. It takes some methodicalness and measuring everything two or three times

If you're handy at PVC plumbing it won't be much of a problem. As Jason said, you have to measure and cut carefully but it isn't too difficult to get everything just right. Since the valve has threaded connections you can always unscrew them and start over if it doesn't work out right.

As far as I can tell the T1 is just a later model of the T but the measurements are identical.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.