Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Intex pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New Intex pool

OK 3 years 3 Intex pool. Live in Miami Fla and the sun ruins the ring. Any idea of how to keep my pool for
    more than a year. It should be delivered today and set up tomorrow. Know the cover but with the heat
    the cover has stuck to the ring.

Miami Gardens Fla
    Pool: Intex Ultra Frame 16x48 AGP 5061 gal With Pink Foam Underlayment
    Equipment:Intex SWG, Intex Pool Light, Still Needing To order new Intex Sand Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Hoschton, GA

Re: New Intex pool

Don't buy the ones with the ring. Buy the ultra frame. I don't have the experience some others might have, but it seems that most people are going with the ultrafram pools and that they are lasting for 3 to 5 years...maybe longer...

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree with CSimpson. If it were me, I would take the pool back if possible and get the ultraframe instead. It may cost a little more, but you will have it longer and save money not having to replace every year. I have an 18x48 metal frame, and it is going on 8 years old. It is still in great shape. I have replaced the pump and ordered a few extra parts along the way just for upkeep, (like hoses and clips) but it still looks great and I will be using it again this summer! I have definitely got my money's worth out of this pool, and when it is time for an upgrade, I am sure that I will buy a bigger ultraframe next time. They were not making them when I bought mine years ago. Good luck to you.
    18x52 Ultra Frame with 1600 gph sand filter and intex skimmer

4. Back To Top    #4
    south georgia

i'm on my 3rd year with my 16x48 intex with no problems especially since i added my intex sand filter. next door neighbor is on his 6th year and a neighbor one street over is on his 6-7 years. there are more intex users in my neighborhood but the last 2 are using the blue frame and still going strong! frame pools are the way to go for sure!
    18x52'' intex AGP, 6981 gal, 2650 intex sand filter,
    thru wall skimmer, SWG, 52'' 20G overlap liner, intex pool light

5. Back To Top    #5

Coastal Carolina are you leaving your pool up year round or disassembling for storage? I am on third Intex metal frame and I get three years maximum, but I leave them up year round. Just upgraded to the new 26' x 52" Ultra frame from Wal Mart. I hope to get more than 3 years out of it. Also planning on thru wall skimmer. Wall skimmers are the pits.....

6. Back To Top    #6
    Columbus, GA

I agree. Metal Frame/Ultra Frame is the best way to go. We're about to be on our 5th year as soon as we put the pool back up. We take ours down for the winter.
    5,061 Gallon 16' x 48" Intex Metal Frame Pool
    14" Intex 55Ib Sand Filter and Pump.
    Location: Columbus, GA Where the Heat and the humidity are* :)