Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: diving board hardware

1. Back To Top    #1

diving board hardware

I need to replace my rusted out hardware. I see several sources on-line that quote 2 sets for about $60. $60 for the plastic shim/cover pieces and 2 carriage bolts..and the bolts aren't even stainless! THat just hurts my feelings. I can get the hardware in ss but does anyone know where I can get just the plastic components of the hardware set?
    12500 gal plaster IGP
    1hp 230v whisperflo dos speed
    Pentair sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: diving board hardware

Welcome to the forum

There are a lot of different diving boards out there so more information is likely required to help. If you do not know the manufacturer/etc, please post a picture of the board and hardware you are trying to replace.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

OK, fair enough...didn't realize there were that many variations. I'll do that but if it will help in the meantime it's simply a 1/2" x 4" carriage bolt with a 1/2 moon-shaped shim and cover that goes over the carriage bolt head.. Thanks for the feedback
    12500 gal plaster IGP
    Pentair sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, my diving board is very old and looks very different than the many I see for sale these days.

Is the plastic shim/cover needed? Can you reuse the old plastic and just put new SS bolts/nuts from a hardware store?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I can and may end up doing just that. The shim peice looks it's age and the piece the covers the top of the bolt head is gone but it's still serviceable.
    12500 gal plaster IGP
    Pentair sand filter