Liner install cost

pooly1

Mar 24, 2012
Michigan
16 by 32 IG vinyl from Michigan was quoted from 2000 to 2500 on replacement liner install. Dont have the money at the moment but the sales guy was bending over backward to come out and check it out. Just wondered if that's a decent price I believe the liner is a 20 mil if Im correct.

If you are draining to replace the liner the only risk is from a high water table. You need the local water table to be below the bottom of the pool to install a new liner and to avoid the remote chance of dirt under the bottom of the pool shifting due to water flowing through. The walls of the pool should be quite solid and will not collapse.

For me personally, liner installation fee, although expensive is money well spent. Watching the installers, its a lot of work and there are a number of little details that came up that I didn't even consider before they started. For example, they ended up replacing the jets (eyeballs), jet, skimmer and main drain covers. In addition to that, there was some minor repairs made to the floor. You'll need to ask whats include in the price.

I was planning on linking a video, but there are lots of them posted on youtube. If anyone know of a video that is really good, hopefully they'll post a link, but nearly any of the ones I glanced at will give you an idea of the kinds of things involved.

pooly1 said:
Im worrying myself, this is seeming like a project I'm more and more wanting to take on. I guess I should start searching DIY liner installs.

Sorry didn't see your post when I posted that other one. Definitely do your research, learn whats involved. An informed decision is always a better one. If you do go that route you'll save a lot of money. But like I said, it looked like a ton of work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You just wait until you have to cut the liner for the main drain - gulp, that's gonna be gut check time man!!

I installed my AGP last year and cutting that skimmer return (which in hind sight is pretty easy) was stressful, I can only imagine a main drain for an in-ground. Not saying you can't do it, but when your standing there with the knife - stressful :shock:

Wondering what happened. I have to replace my liner and am considering have a guy I know who has done 10+ of them but is not a pool guy do it. The only thing holding me back is I live in a high water table area and its making me nervous. Now would be perfect since we are having a drought but I dont have the money right now and have to wait till spring. Did you end up doing it? what did you find out?

Never did it, worried about the high water level in our area also. Now I have water behind my liner and its getting small tears above the water line. It also has water wrinkling the bottom :( I just had another quote 4 grand. I might just order one up in august and go for it.

I guess if were me... and I bought my AGP, deconstructed it, moved it, reconstructed it at home, installed the liner, and replaced my liner 7 years later, and I had a very high water table, I would have the professionals install my IG liner. They know who to deal with the water intrusion from the high water table and have the proper equipment to install it while keeping the swamp at bay.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck and
:nopic:

Just kidding. Take pictures, I would love to see it... before, during and after.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.