Discoloration of Plaster in New Pool

hookem

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 25, 2012
Liberty Hill, TX (Austin)
So we had our pool plastered and filled on March 17th. We have been brushing twice daily and it seems our plaster (a medium gray) has a lot of white discoloration in it. The PB says this is normal, but I am just not sure. My other friends have pretty much light colored plaster, but ours is fairly dark and shows the discoloration pretty well. I will try to post a pic, but is this normal?

Sounds like white spot etching. Search the forums and you'll find a couple of threads on this. Others have said it is caused by how the product is mixed and/or how it's applied.

I believe I have it. Some think it's scale. I'm not sure you could have developed scale in the short time you filled your pool.

Overall, I'm fine with my plaster finish. I was told by pretty much everyone that I should expect some discoloration with my Luna Quartz finish.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.