Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Patched turned ugly

1. Back To Top    #1

Patched turned ugly

I patched a hole in my liner in the corner near the skimmer last year. It was a clear patch probably not the best choice since you can see the hole but now I know. Anyways when I opened up the pool this year the glue under it had turned a yellowish color so I have quite the ugly spot. Is there a paint on can use on vinyl to cover it up.
    16 x 32 Inground Vinyl 21000, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, 1 main drain. Raypak Heater, Crystal Flo Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Patched turned ugly

None that I am aware of. I suppose you could paint it with about any type of paint, although it may not last long.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I had the same thing happen to me, I think I used Boxer clear patches. I remember asking about it and was told it was probably UV that turned the epoxy yellow, I thought it might be from CL. I dove down and the patch lifted off every easily then I replaced it with a piece of my liner that the manufacturer had sent me at no cost.
    20x40 IG Vinyl, 1.5 HP Whisperflo, Sta-Rite System 3 (300) Sq. ft Cart
    Intellichlor IC40 SWCG, 125,000 BTU Pentair heatpump, Polaris 280
    7' IG FG Spa, 2 HP Whisperflo, Pentair Dynamic III Cart (100) Sq. ft

4. Back To Top    #4

I wish I could match up a piece of liner, mines to old and faded I think. I was thinking of getting a small section of borderlines but wondering if that will look tacky. One more season and hopefully I can get it replaced.
    16 x 32 Inground Vinyl 21000, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, 1 main drain. Raypak Heater, Crystal Flo Sand Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Just find a patch that will look normal on the bottom and will not look like a patch. Cut out a solid color patch shaped like a turtle or something.
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

6. Back To Top    #6

Its in the top corner near the surface skimmer.