Wish I would have found these boards first - Please help

Jun 1, 2011
I have an ozone pool and tried doing the right thing by getting my water tested, things of that nature. The last time I had my water tested, the store told me I needed water softner and was as some other chemical.

I had not had ever had any issue with my pool and the water looked great, but figured they new better then me bought the stuff and so here we are today.

the pool bottom looks like they have a layer of dirt on the bottom and while i try to brush it off, it looks almost like it it stained.

I went back to the pool store and the told me to buy stain and scale 2 in it, well i did to no avail.

Looking at the boards seems like there is a debate about ozone pools and I dont have the knowledge to argue on that, but as a note, I do supplement my pool with choline tablets, just nowhere the amount that I hear of others having to do and my pools stays clear and clean (up until the point I went to one of the pools stores and they stated that I needed all of these different chemicals.

Attached is some cropped photos, maybe you folks can get an idea what I a looking at.

I am about to embark on reading a bunch of post and trying to learn the error in my ways but if anyway could possible give me some advice n what this stuff is, i would appreciate it.

Thanks

[attachment=2:1uxkiyd6]IMG_0341.JPG[/attachment:1uxkiyd6]

[attachment=1:1uxkiyd6]IMG_0339.JPG[/attachment:1uxkiyd6]
[attachment=0:1uxkiyd6]IMG_0335.JPG[/attachment:1uxkiyd6]

Attachments

• IMG_0341.JPG
    IMG_0341.JPG
    214.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0339.JPG
    IMG_0339.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0335.JPG
    IMG_0335.JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 178
It looks like this, right?

file.php

Mine is Calcium Scale. That was the floor of my spillover spa. Near as I can figure the blotches were caused by someone tossing powdered acid or some acidic shock powder in. Two years later, it's almost gone... The pool will probably take a while longer, as it's harder to brush. Head over to Pool School and get educated.

I agree with Richard320 in that what I see is suspicious for calcium scale. Is there any way that you can post test results for us to see? Even if they are from the pool store, that is better than nothing.

It is advisable for you to purchase a high quality test kit such as the TF-100 from tftestkits.net.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.