Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: granite table and stools

1. Back To Top    #1

granite table and stools

We found this at a local landscape materials yard that was closing, I should have taken a picture before it was dissembled, any way this thing is really sweet, also heavy. Wont be moving this around, it's going by the corner of the pool deck. This shows the base, the top, and all pcs together. Now I just need to figure out how to move the large parts without xxxing them up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: granite table and stools

[attachment=0:10ienewl]granite tabe parts 3-27-12 008 (Large).jpg[/attachment:10ienewl]

This is the base, the bottom of a stool showing the core drill work, all four stools. The top of each stool is polished just like the table top.
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

Be sure to post pics once it's set up. That's amazing.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I'll be getting the table set tomorrow, also having 15 yds of chips & 10 yds of gravel delivered. Busy week / week end ahead.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thats a great find. I'll be subscribing to this one. Thanks
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

6. Back To Top    #6

My back now hurts!

Looks nice!!!

7. Back To Top    #7

That is a very cool find.

Keep in mind that the table top is going to be very hot if it is in the direct sunlight. But that might not be a problem where you live
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-p...ca-t28413.html

8. Back To Top    #8

Here is the first phase. I'm making some base's for the stools so I will place them later this week. The move wasn't as bad as I imagined, the three wheeled forklift worked out well. I'm adding a gravel path down to the table, which I'll post some pics of tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare
    That is a very cool find.

Keep in mind that the table top is going to be very hot if it is in the direct sunlight. But that might not be a problem where you live
    The top does get warm.....we'll see how that goes, fortunately up here it's a little cooler than southern Ca. Today with mid 70's it was warm, if it's in the 90's I may need to hose it down.

9. Back To Top    #9

Got the chair bases made and will begin placing them this pm if the rain isn't to bad. Removed the rust stain from the top with the vitamin c, always amazed how that works. more pics coming.

10. Back To Top    #10

Got all the chairs all set and the gravel placed, more or less, needs a few tweaks. I'm making a couple metal "retaining walls" to keep the bark from getting on the gravel. They will be done tomorrow. I will post pics tomorrow morning as I didn't get time tonight. It was my daughters 18th birthday dinner tonight, actual was 4-26.

11. Back To Top    #11

Still needs allot of work but I'll have time this weekend to finish I hope.

12. Back To Top    #12

Done for the day, time for a swim, waters at 80 deg. Here are the pics of the progress, the new path to the table, table shots.

13. Back To Top    #13

Here is the view across the pool showing some of the landscape and new wood chips.

14. Back To Top    #14

When I'm not using it as a table, I could almost do stir fry! Yesterday was full sun and it got pretty hot from about 1 to 5. after that it felt good as it cooled, today will be hotter.

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by bobby1017
    When I'm not using it as a table, I could almost do stir fry! Yesterday was full sun and it got pretty hot from about 1 to 5. after that it felt good as it cooled, today will be hotter.
    You might want to use some sort of umbrella, tent, or other shade providing equipment.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW
    You might want to use some sort of umbrella, tent, or other shade providing equipment.
    Maybe, I didn't want to detract from the natural look. I could get a core drill and bore an umbrella hole in the center, I'd be a little nervous though.
    On accident I discovered just laying a towel on it keeps it from getting hot. It does make a awesome tanning bed when its the the right temp, I laid on it last night as it was getting dark and it was still nice and warm

17. Back To Top    #17

In the Industry

Very nice!

18. Back To Top    #18

I think that you could use a large offset umbrella or perhaps a gazebo type tent/awning.