Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: start up with scaling

1. Back To Top    #1

start up with scaling

So i started up BBB for 2nd years in a row,I notice i have some rough/scaling on side of pool below water line to bottom,only on sides.U cant see in only feeling it.Kids jump in pool and said bottom was smoth.
    What should i do first are wait till pool get clear? water is clearing started 3 days ago.thanks
    24' AGP sandstone,12,000 gal , cricupool rj30 SWG,fas-dpd test kit. BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: start up with scaling

Quote Originally Posted by bullet20
    So i started up BBB for 2nd years in a row,I notice i have some rough/scaling on side of pool below water line to bottom,only on sides.U cant see in only feeling it.Kids jump in pool and said bottom was smoth.
    What should i do first are wait till pool get clear? water is clearing started 3 days ago.thanks
    Pretty much. You can't really get an accurate pH test until the chlorine level is down below 10.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Get the water cleared up and then get and post a complete set of water test results.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I just tested tonigt
    7.5 fc
    1.5 cc
    7.4 ph dumped 1/2 gal acid at noon was at 8.0 and up
    40 cya was a 0 just put about 5 lbs yesterday and today in stocking.
    water is clearing light blue but a lil cloudy,thinking about putting back at shock tonight or wait till morning? thanks a head.

5. Back To Top    #5

They are going to want the CH numbers also to see if you were in a scaling condition.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by bullet20
    I just tested tonigt
    7.5 fc
    1.5 cc
    7.4 ph dumped 1/2 gal acid at noon was at 8.0 and up
    40 cya was a 0 just put about 5 lbs yesterday and today in stocking.
    water is clearing light blue but a lil cloudy,thinking about putting back at shock tonight or wait till morning? thanks a head.
    You need to keep shocking until

CC is 0.5 or lower;
    An overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less;
    And the water is clear.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by jblauert
    They are going to want the CH numbers also to see if you were in a scaling condition.
    CH 300-350