Looking for a new color LED Pool light

I currenty have a Swimquip pool light. I am wondering if I can replace the bulb with a multi color LED bulb. This is the info on the back of the light:

Swimquip No 5072
5055-3
120v 500w R40 Lamp
5068-12
Fresh water use
GFI not Reqd on this fixture.

If can not change just the bulb, can I use the existing wires and put in new light? Also any recommendations for type of light or bulb?

What type of base in on the R40 Lamp? ... if it is just a normal Edison screw-on base there are a few options out there for color LED bulbs. I replaced ours with a Color Splash 3G. Just have to make sure the length of the bulb will fit.

If you replace the light fixture, you will have to pull the wires out and use the ones that are attached to the new fixture, I believe.

The ColorSplash 2g/3g lights will not work with the Swimquip fixture due to the size of the fixture vs. the bulb. As far as I know the only LED bulb that would work would be the PureWhite however it is only white and doesn't offer any color options. I think in the future you will be able to find a smaller LED that will work but just not yet. Pentair has even stopped making the plastic color lenses that snap over the Swimquip fixture so if you don't have those then white is the only option.

I don't know of another fixture that is LED compatible that would go into a Swimquip niche because of it's odd size.

I can't find a replacement LED bulb to fit into our Swimquip housing either. Wondering if we can use the 3G spa light? Standard Edison screw in base in housing. Upside can have color changing options?? Downside, possibly less color saturation???

Anybody try using a spa light?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.