18 days and finally done!

Re: 7 days and counting

Still going strong here too, LS1M, and still greenish-hazy in the deep end. It seems like I've made very little progress in the last week. Nothing to do but keep on keeping on. I tell myself, it didn't get this way overnight, it's not going to get fixed overnight either. But it is frustrating for sure!

I buy my Bleach at Costco they sell 182oz jugs in boxes of 3 for around $9 a box. I have 29k and I went through 11 jugs the first time I shocked switching to the BBB method!

OK this is just weird. I measured my FC in the morning yesterday and it was at 30 (!), then there was a rainstorm, and the following morning it was at 13. I've been backflushing so much that the pool level is down, and the return was above the water line. So does the aeration affect the test? Maybe that's why my readings were so off. And get this, my CC was down to 0.5, then shot up to 3.5 (!). Ugh, I'm never going to get this right...

Tonight I came home, vacuumed, brushed, backflushed, topped off the pool with tap water, let the filterpump run for an hour or two, then measured again. My FC is at 17.5, CC at 1.5, and (FINALLY!) the water is crystal-clear. I am seeing more "rust spots" on the liner. I tried to take a picture:

scum.jpg

These are popping up all over, always on the bottom. What are they? It's not dirt; it won't brush off.

-Mark

By the way, I just had to say, I passed the OCLT! WOO-HOO! 2.5 weeks of brushing and flushing and sleep depravation and testing. Thank God; I've only got one or two tests left in my R-871 bottle.

Overnight the FC stayed the same (within 0.5), the water is clear, and my CC was ZERO :whoot:

Ummm... Now what? Monitor the pool, let the FC come back down to around 5-7, then do a full chemistry test & adjust pH and all that stuff?

-Mark

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LS1M said:
Would "culprit" include a screw that I dropped in while building my ladder? I couldn't even see it until recently, and the water is too cold to fetch it out. It's such a small screw, though....

That would seem a likely source if it was not a SS screw.

I have a few spots from a hair beret ... going to have to keep a better eye on who comes over to use the pool :evil:

LS1M said:
I can't imagine having a full-size pool and trying to clear it up with bleach. How do you buy enough? I don't think Walmart stocks enough bleach to treat 28,000 gallons.

I have to make the rounds...Target, Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Lowe's, and then around again!

My color is almost where it should be and then it will just be a waiting game for the filter to clear the rest of the cloudiness.

Glad to see you are finally done!

jademoon said:
When you guys say Bleach...do you mean like laundry bleach or pool clorine? Sorry if its a silly question. Im new to pools
They are basically the same thing at different concentrations. Typical store bought "clorox" unscented bleach is ~ 6% sodium hypochlorite, where pool chlorine is typically 10% or 12.5% sodium hypochlorite.

Just to reiterate ... do NOT use the scented bleach as it contains stuff you do not likely want in your pool. Also avoid any of the thicker bleaches ... stick with the plain stuff.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.