Shakey AGP ladder

Good morning. I put up an Intex 24x52 this weekend and from past experiences with Intex pools I knew I wanted a better ladder. I found and bought one on Craigs list that has a nice set of steps that goes in on the water side with hand rails. On the out side of the pool there is a ladder. This ladder comes up and makes and "A" on each side and each side has a pad on each end that is screwed onto the top step of the steps that are in the pool. The problem is the ladder on the outside shakes pretty bad side to side when your climbing it and alot more when standing on the platform to turn around. Worse than the intex ladder. :roll: I know this is hard to trouble shoot without alot of information but the guy I bought it from could not remember where he bought it, what was the name brand or how to put it together. I snapped and screwed everything together the best I could and I have 4 spare parts. I have these two long bars that I saw mount to the hand rails of the steps, these are so you can secure the internal steps to a deck( whick I dont have so these are indeed spare parts) The other two parts are also matching bars about 20" long that are pretty much solid and rectangular shaped. I cannot find where these go and even if they are needed.

If someone can help but needs more info please post what you need me to find and I will try my best. I regret I did not take pictures of the steps before I put it in the pool, I can take a picture of the ladder side.

Thanks in advance.

These might help. You can see how the legs are mounted to the top step. When I put the ladder together( it was used) you could see the holes where the legs were mounted before. It is in this area that it is not sturdy. the legs actually move side to side and where they connect to the mounting pads but the mounting pads that are screwed to the steps are solid. Its like I am missing a cross brace or something but I caint figure out where one would go. Sorry for the dark pictuires it was getting dark by the time I got home yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG230.jpg
    IMG230.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG229.jpg
    IMG229.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 211
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.