Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Switching to Salt

Switching to Salt

Well this year I am going to make the switch to salt. After doing some research and going to pool school I decided on a CircuPool system, although its tough to find actual reviews from people who use these systems so any input from people here would be nice.
    http://www.circupool.com/order.php?tid=1
    My pool is in-ground approximately 20K. The only decision I haven’t made is if I should go for the 30k or the 45k system. I know 30k will be enough but the price difference to the 45k isn’t much. Will the 45k be overkill? Thanks for your advice.
    20,000 Gallon In-ground Vinyl Liner
    Hayward Sand Filter
    CompuPool CPSC48 SWG

Re: Switching to Salt

I recommend getting the larger cell. It will last longer and save you money in the long run. You can get a unit sized up to three times as large as your pool actually is without any problems, and even larger than that with only minor issues.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

I got a Compupool CPCS48 that will go up to a 60,000 pool for $730 delivered. I found the CPSC36 for 40,000 gal for about $650.
    ~26700 gal 18x36 rectangle In-Ground built in 1978
    Vinyl liner, 3/4hp Hayward Super pump, single speed 3450rpm
    Sand Filter: 300 pound sta-rite T-240BP-1, 3.14 sqft surface area
    Compupool CPSC48 SWG installed 3/26/2012, Cell Failure, near meltdown in July 2013 :(
    K-2006 Test kit

has anyone re-wired a Compupool to 120? I usually don't have a problem re-wiring to 120 but the directions are vague to say the least.

*edit* nevermind i saw your post, should give me everything i need there, thanks!
    20,000 Gallon In-ground Vinyl Liner
    Hayward Sand Filter
    CompuPool CPSC48 SWG

Glad you found the post, yes just make sure it ends up exactly like the picture in the documentation that comes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by geosojda
    has anyone re-wired a Compupool to 120? I usually don't have a problem re-wiring to 120 but the directions are vague to say the least.

*edit* nevermind i saw your post, should give me everything i need there, thanks!
    ~26700 gal 18x36 rectangle In-Ground built in 1978
    Vinyl liner, 3/4hp Hayward Super pump, single speed 3450rpm
    Sand Filter: 300 pound sta-rite T-240BP-1, 3.14 sqft surface area
    Compupool CPSC48 SWG installed 3/26/2012, Cell Failure, near meltdown in July 2013 :(
    K-2006 Test kit