Super Cell SC-48

Hi all, first time poster and new member.
With that said......

I just bought a house with a SWG system, "Autopilot DIG-220"
It has the SC-48 cell and it seems that all of the picture/manuals I have seen thus far show the cell upside down from the one I have.
Is there a Proper Flow direction for it to be installed? All pictures show the 3 pin connector plugging in an downward direction, mine goes upwards.

Just wondering if there is a proper flow direction as I can see no arrows for flow.

Reason is it just now came up with the error : Purifier Off ! Check Flow !

I have read over the post here and will preform the check on the tree-sensor and cable to see what I see.
Can I clean the tr-sensor with muriatic acid like the super cell?

Thanks all, This site seems to have all the answers I hope I will ever need.

Re: Water Balance for SWGs

JasonLion said:
I don't reccommend salt levels over 5000, but that isn't why some SWGs shut down at 4000, or whatever level. Higher salt levels make the water more conductive and the SWG needs to turn down the voltage to compensate. Many SWGs have a voltage they can't adjust below so they have to shutdown to avoid overheating at high salt levels.

Would this give an error of : Purifier off / check flow ???
This is the error I have and my DIG-220 tells me the salt is at 3800

While the cell should be installed with the connector downwards, that is only to help keep water out of the connector. Reversing it would not give you the error message you are seeing.

Check flow errors can result from several different things. In addition to the normal checks to make sure your pump is running correctly and skimmers and pump strainer basket are not clogged, you should also check that the strainer in the cell manifold is not blocked. The manifold strainer is located in the manifold union on the opposite side from the cell and away from the tri-sensor. The next step after that is to check the try-sensor cable. Make sure both ends are firmly connected and there are no cuts or damage to the cable. Only if all of that fails should you open up and examine the tri-sensor it's self.

The tri-sensor doesn't normally ever need to be cleaned. Every now and then the flow switch, which is mechanical, might break, and I suppose it is remotely possible for the salt sensor to have scaling, but that is unusual. If there is obvious calcium buildup you would soak it in a dilute acid solution. But most likely the problem is something else.

One other place from what Jason has replied to, is the manifold base check valve. Turn the pump off to see if the check valve closes, then turn it on to ensure it opens. The important part is when the pump is off, that the check valve is not stuck in the opened position.
You should be able to see the RED gasket open and close, which is on the inlet side of the check valve.

Ok, so now everything is working just fine.

I cleaned the cell "did not look dirty" in acid, and use fresh water to clean the Tri-Sensor "not dirty at all.

The big culprit was the little screen filter on the bottom of the manifold.

Thanks again and everything seems to be just fine.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.