Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CH a tad low

1. Back To Top    #1

CH a tad low

It's getting warm and the kids are already swimming. We had a 'pool party' for the kids on Sunday and the water was looking pretty cloudy after. I tested and had low TC. I think the sun has been getting to the FC and I need to ramp up for the season. I adjusted my pump to accomodate and ran a full test. Here are the results:

FC: 2.5 (still adjusting for this)
    CC: 0
    TC: 2.5
    PH 7.8
    TA: 80
    CYA: 35
    CH: 220
    CSI calculates to .12

So to the question. Should I increase the CH a bit? If so, how should I approach that? I am contemplating using some Cal-Hypo to get it there.

What do ya think?
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CH a tad low

I wouldn't add any Calcium. You're in range now, and most likely your fill water will add some every time you top off.
    I would add some CYA to counter the Texas sun. And don't let pH go any higher.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: CH a tad low

I have a few pucks left over from the start up last year. I suppose I could get a floater and add back some CYA that way. I am going to add a little acid today to get the PH down a bit. I have to say, the pool has been rock solid on the numbers for the first year. So much easier than I expected, and zero issues with the pool since going to liquid bleach. All I have to do is brush it, and add a little acid every now and then.
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump