pool heaters

Aug 21, 2011
Girard, Ohio
I have a 15x30above ground. I have a question about pool heaters. Im looking to get a rheem above ground pool heater. Is rheem anygood? The other problem is if i put the heater near my house ill have to run the pvc pipe the length of the pool. My return and basket are on the other side of the pool not near the house. Will my pump be able to move the water good enough. i just dont want to spend a lot of money on pipe to run the gas line if i dont have to. Ill take any advice on what kind and brand of heater to buy also. Thank you

Heating a pool can be surprisingly expensive. It can easily cost hundreds of dollars a month depending on your climate, your pool and your utility rates. The cheapest way to warm the water by far is a solar blanket, and no matter how you heat you'll want one to reduce heat loss, so it would be an important first step if you don't already have one.

Rheem is a reputable manufacturer.

Why do you want the heater near the house? It would probably be simpler to run the wiring (or gas line) where you need the heater to be located.

They are really all about the same functionally. Some are thicker and heavier which means they will last but are hard to handle, and some are thinner and lighter. You'll want a reel, and an AG pool adds some complexity to that. Most often people mount them on posts near the pool and swing the reel away when swimming, but if you have a full deck you may not need that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.