Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Should I be worried?

1. Back To Top    #1

Should I be worried?

My hot tub is drained as I was going to clean it last weekend while we had some nice weather, however as usual ran out of time. It is going down to 20 tonight but will be back to 40 tomorrow. Should I be worried about my lines or anything else freezing in that amount of time?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Should I be worried?

Sounds like there could be some risk if there is water left in the lines.

Any chance you have a tarp you could make a tent over it with ... and maybe put a light bulb in it to generate some heat?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I can't do that practically right now, wind blown like crazy & I just got done with 15hr day,so I prob not doin too much. Thinking about fillin it up, set my alarm for a hr or so, then turnin it on ( pump,heater) until tomorrow, as I don't think it will be below freezing again. Any thoughts on that? Thanks for any advice

4. Back To Top    #4

The wind makes the freezing problem worse. I did not consider the fact it would be possible to quickly fill it ... that may be the best route ... to get it running.

Just make sure you wake up
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks it fill in now so should be ok, I was hopin someone was gona say, it won't freeze bad enough to hurt anything in that time with it drained, haha I was trying to be lazy, never works!

6. Back To Top    #6

Well, you might have been safe ... but the price would be high if you were not. Better safe than sorry right
    Jason, TFP Moderator