Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Structure to make a deep end shallower

1. Back To Top    #1

Structure to make a deep end shallower

Hi everyone! I'm currently trying to decide between a standard shallow/deep end pool, and a sport pool (shallow on both ends, slightly deeper in the middle), and was wondering if I could have the best of both worlds by building the former, and when it's time for pool volleyball, to insert a structure in the deep end to convert the pool?

Has anyone ever seen such a thing? I saw this thread insert-to-make-pool-more-shallow-t24737.html from a few years ago which seems more geared towards toddlers. Thanks!

Thanks,
    Peter
    Filled 5/1/2013! 36k gallon 20x40 IG with 7x7 spa, FinestFinish, AquaMatic cover, All Pentair: Clean&Clear 520 sqft cartridge filter, Intelliflow 4x160 variable speed pump, 2 HP whisper flow spa jet pump, 400k BTU MasterTemp heater, Letro Platinum pool cleaner, Rainbow 320 chlorine feeder, Pac Fab Bermuda skimmer
    More details: pics-new-pb-20x40-ig-gunite-7x7-spa-7x7-shamu-shelf-t54952.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Structure to make a deep end shallower

I don't think it would really be practical, given how heavy and ungainly it would need to be. The solution is a bigger pool with areas for both
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't see how you could just quickly insert the structure, most likely it would be a semi-permanent deal, unless you had a crane....Or it was attached to pivot points on the deep end of the pool decking, and you could just flop it in and then wench it back out....
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

4. Back To Top    #4

How about a collapsable structure? For example, pipes that fold into themselves?
    Filled 5/1/2013! 36k gallon 20x40 IG with 7x7 spa, FinestFinish, AquaMatic cover, All Pentair: Clean&Clear 520 sqft cartridge filter, Intelliflow 4x160 variable speed pump, 2 HP whisper flow spa jet pump, 400k BTU MasterTemp heater, Letro Platinum pool cleaner, Rainbow 320 chlorine feeder, Pac Fab Bermuda skimmer
    More details: pics-new-pb-20x40-ig-gunite-7x7-spa-7x7-shamu-shelf-t54952.html