Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Picture Pefect, almost..

1. Back To Top    #1

Picture Pefect, almost..

I opened my AG this weekend. It was crystal clear and beautiful. I've had it covered all winter, but still ran it every two weeks for about 4 hours and put some liquid chlorine in it each run. Opened it up, the PH is perfect, the Chlorine needs to come up a bit, but its perfectly clear. Ran the vacuum just to test it, and ran the pump for about 6 hours.

The only issue I have, someone (I guess myself since I'm the one that cleans the pool) left a hair pin in the pool, and no I'm not the one that wears them. It rusted a bit, I tried to scrub it up, but the stain is there to stay. My concern is with the vinyl liner, will the rust eat throug it? Its on the very bottom, so it would be a pain to put a patch on.
    Thanks,

Richard

Pool - 18' Doughboy Above Ground Vinyl, 7600 Gallons, 1HP Hayward Power-Flo Matrix pump, Hayward Star Clear Cartridge Filter C500 50 GPM flow rate, Hasa Chlorine Injector, Pool Rover Vacuum, Taylor K-2005 Testkit - Hot Tub - Artesian Pelican Bay, 550 Gallons, Ozone, Nature 2 Mineral Sanatizer, Bromine floater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Picture Pefect, almost..

Quote Originally Posted by rwrogers11
    The only issue I have, someone (I guess myself since I'm the one that cleans the pool) left a hair pin in the pool, and no I'm not the one that wears them. It rusted a bit, I tried to scrub it up, but the stain is there to stay. My concern is with the vinyl liner, will the rust eat throug it? Its on the very bottom, so it would be a pain to put a patch on.
    Not sure if this will work on vinyl, but people on here have mentioned using crushed vitamin C tablets put in a sock and then placed on the stain. I would think it is worth a try. I doubt the stain will eat through.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Hmmm, I'll try that. Just crush them up, put in sock, and weight down over the stain. I can and will try it. Thx.
    Thanks,

Richard

Pool - 18' Doughboy Above Ground Vinyl, 7600 Gallons, 1HP Hayward Power-Flo Matrix pump, Hayward Star Clear Cartridge Filter C500 50 GPM flow rate, Hasa Chlorine Injector, Pool Rover Vacuum, Taylor K-2005 Testkit - Hot Tub - Artesian Pelican Bay, 550 Gallons, Ozone, Nature 2 Mineral Sanatizer, Bromine floater.

4. Back To Top    #4

I had a bag of steel wool blow into my pool last fall. Some of the fibres left stains on the fiberglass steps. I went to the drug store and bought Vitamin C and placed the tablets right on top of the stains. A day later they were gone. You could try this (I'm not sure..maybe the sock method works better??? Also, make sure it's pure vitamin C, ascorbic acid..don't get chewables or flavoured or anything like that. If you can get pill not capsule, even better.
    16x28 Roman, 55000 litres, salt water, Zodiac Duoclear 130 (mineral cartridge removed!!!), inground, vinyl liner
    Hayward Tri-star VS900 (1.85 HP) pump, Hayward C3030 cartridge filter
    Nine Techno Solis 4x10 solar panels, Jandy LX 250 natural gas heater
    Jandy Aqualink PDA with Sub Panel Power Centre

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Even if it doesn't work you'll still have much sweeter smelling socks

6. Back To Top    #6

Hehe, and I need that
    Thanks,

Richard

7. Back To Top    #7

Yep, the vitamin C should clean it right up.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden