Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What should I do?

1. Back To Top    #1

What should I do?

Hello I am a third-year pool owner I stay in Oklahoma City
    The pool is 34,000 gallon with a single speed pump the pool is outdoors with some shade from around 8 to 10 The temperature in OKC can be Brutal last year we tapped out at 118 degrees and the humidity is crazy just getting tired of Dealing with the chlorine hassles. I would like to switch from chlorine to a SWG with a inline Del Total eclipse 4 Ozoner If I were to go with SWG which Brands would you recommend
    I would like to have some other opinions on this matter if anyone can help it Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: What should I do?

Rich,

I can't recommend a specific brand but be sure you get one with enough capacity. If you have a 20k pool, get an SWG rated around 30k or so, etc.

Secondly, just making sure you know an SWG is still chlorine....just a different vehicle to get it into your pool

Last, I really hope you do some more reading on here and ditch the ozonator. It is essentially worthless in an outdoor pool.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What should I do?

A SWG is a great way to go, but I would avoid the ozone system. Ozone adds very little value unless you constantly have 10+ people swimming.

CompuPool is a good low end system. AquaRite is a good mid range unit. And AutoPilot is a very nice high end unit.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School