Rental House - No Pool Specs

Mar 26, 2012
we just moved into this house with a great above ground pool but we can't figure out what size it is. I have been able to determine that the pool is an Aqua Leader Evasion. It has 18 uprights. Can anyone give me some ideas on how to "guestimate" the size? Summer is quickly coming and we're anxious to get our pool ready.

Hey sonflrz, welcome to TFP! :wave:

j is correct above for measurements. And if you snap some pictures, we can help you identify the other equipment you have. :whoot:

you guys are great. the pool is round. no deep end. It seems to be one level all the way around. the wall measures 44.5 inches before the rim, Including the rim it's 46in. i'm also attaching pics. not sure they'll help but pictures are always fun. i have to prep to take the cover off. we can't wait.

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 133
So I would guess the water level is about 42" deep, but we still need to know the diameter (across) the pool ... unless I am supposed to try to count the number of boards and assume they are 1x6's :wink:

jblauert said:
Just trying the board counting method I am guessing it is either 20' or 24' across on the inside which is either 8200 or 11800 gallons assuming 42" depth.
Good idea on the (approx) measurement! Looks like the Aqua Leader Evasion comes in 18' , 21' , and 24' (well, it comes in other sizes too, but yours looks like one of those).

Based on your pictures, I see that your pump and filter are not connected to the pool right now. Is there plumbing to the area where your equipment is? When do you plan to open the pool for the season? Lastly (sorry for all the questions), what region do you live in?

This forum will be a great place to learn about pool care and troubleshoot any issues you might run in to!

well i emailed the manufacturer with the same specs. we were able to determine that the pool is a 27 round. yes, there are some various pool pieces in the garage. i'm going to inquire with a local pool store here about opening the pool and getting it set up for summer. I'm hoping that the routine mait i can do but i need to learn a lot more. this is a great forum so please expect to see more from me in the near future. i'm in Clarksville, TN.

Thanks.

sonflrz said:
well i emailed the manufacturer with the same specs. we were able to determine that the pool is a 27 round. yes, there are some various pool pieces in the garage. i'm going to inquire with a local pool store here about opening the pool and getting it set up for summer. I'm hoping that the routine mait i can do but i need to learn a lot more. this is a great forum so please expect to see more from me in the near future. i'm in Clarksville, TN.

Thanks.
In this instance, I think hiring someone to get you set up, show you what works what, and deal with any leaky connections is worth the money.

If you really want to get your money's worth, head over to http://tftestkits.net and order a TF100. And a speedstir. You'll have it in 2 or 3 days. The directions are pretty straightforward. With that kit, the pool calculator, and this forum, you'll be able to have a sparkling clear pool all season long at the lowest possible cost.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.