Brace a fiberglass pool for repair??

Sep 5, 2007
We have some cracks and bulging in our fiberglass pool--our pool contractor said that a Viking manufacturer rep. will be in next Tuesday. He told us to drain the the water down and to brace the pool with 2x4s so the rep. could take a look at the pool damage. We have no idea how to do this--I cannot find any pics online. If we have groundwater--will the bracing work? We have a pump and we could keep the water pumped out--but even with that I am really worried about the pool popping out of the ground. We are not going to do this until the day before the rep comes out. Does anyone have any pics of how to do this?

When the pool was built did the builder put a tile underneath that drains to daylight or to a sump pump pit. If you have a sump pit make sure it is drained. If not you could float the pool. Not sure why he is telling you to brace it. We install a sister company of viking and have a demo unit that we setup with nothing to hold it and fill it with water.

I think that the contractor is asking you to do more than you are comfortable doing. The work should be done by a professional. The contractor should be responsible for safely draining the pool, and keeping the pool safe until the work is completed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.