robots on a tanning ledge

May 7, 2011
South Texas
Not sure if this has been covered yet, I looked back several pages & didn't find it, so here goes:
We just got our 15x34 Fiberglass pool installed this weekend :whoot: Now I am looking for a robot cleaner. There is no 'toe-kick' on this pool like on some fiberglass BUT We have a rather large tanning ledge that is 19" deep on the shallow end, it has one step up to it. I have read that they have a problem with steps,
Do any of the automatic robot cleaners to a good job on a tanning ledge??

In my experience, robotic cleaners tend to do okay on tanning ledges. Most recently, we tested a Dolphin DX5 and a Polaris 9400.

Based on the two we tested, the DX5 did a better job on the tanning ledge.

EllenNLarry said:
Thanks for the responses. @robl45, I would just like to get one that does the most thourough job possible. I'm really not too lazy to brush the ledge off :)

i doubt any will do it well, I have step stairs in my pool, at best the robots might get up to the first step, sometimes they might get to the second step on a fluke, out of 3 different robots, all pretty much the same style (they are all pretty much the same style besides the polaris) none of them are great at that. I just brush off the steps. in my jacuzzi where the seat is basically a ledge, they don't manage to do well on that either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.