metal sequestrants

Feb 7, 2012
i have a problem with alot of iron in the water.i`m in southern mexico and many people have had the same problem this year.for some reson there is alot of iron in the city and my well water.when i add chlorine to the pool it turns green.i can put in a clarifier but then have to vacumn out to waste the debris and then need to add more water,vicious cycle.if i add a metal sequestrant does it settle out the iron to the bottom of the pool like a clarifier?

No. Sequestrant binds to the iron so that it stays in solution and is not able to form stains or color the water green. Occasionally sequestrant will cause iron to clump into particles large enough to be filtered out, but that is rare.

i`ll see if i can find some down here.i saw some on the web that are pouches that go in the skimmer.could you recomend something?i probably won`t find any here but will bring some back when i return to the states.thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.