Bleach Prices 2012

Aug 14, 2011
P'Burg NJ
1 case of Clorax Bleach, 3 bottles, 182oz for $9.99. 50 cents off regular price of $10.49 plus received a $2.50 coupon off the next shopping trip. This is 1.83 cents per ounce of 6% chlorine.

I picked up two cases to use when opening the pool. I am waiting for the pool store to get in fresh Liquid Chlorine (12%).

I will post local pool store chlorine price per ounce when I pick up a 5Gal container.

kennyb30 said:
got a new supermarket here in town called MACS, probably 4-6 months ago, found bleach there for 99 cents ( 96 oz jug, 6% bleach) walmart and dollar stores around here cant beat that price :party:

Same as Aldi. I dang near buy the whole pallet, and they look at me like I'm crazy.

If I can't get over to Aldi, Lowe's carries an off-brand that is 2.69 for 128 oz. Not bad either.

Loaded up at Costco a few weeks ago( 3 182's for $9.49) got 5 cases! Lady at the counter asked what I was doing with all that bleach, I said cleaning up a little BLOOD SPILL! She didn't say a word after that!

Costco in Memphis has the 3 182oz bottles for $8.55. We got the same, "What are you doing with all that Bleach?" question. She said that she had seen a lot of bleach going out lately. I guess the BBB method is alive and well in the Memphis area!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
gkruske said:
kennyb30 said:
got a new supermarket here in town called MACS, probably 4-6 months ago, found bleach there for 99 cents ( 96 oz jug, 6% bleach) walmart and dollar stores around here cant beat that price :party:

Same as Aldi. I dang near buy the whole pallet, and they look at me like I'm crazy.

If I can't get over to Aldi, Lowe's carries an off-brand that is 2.69 for 128 oz. Not bad either.

HAHAHA! They look at me the same way. I LOVE Aldi! I think I paid $1.18 the other day though. I usually buy 20 jugs at a time.

The IT type of guy that I am, I plugged everyone's price into a spreadsheet to calculate the cost per oz of chlorine (factoring in the percentage) and what I see are prices ranging from $0.15 to $0.37 per oz.

I was in a local Price Cutter supermarket and purchased 8 96 oz jugs of "Always Save" 6% (for 46.08 oz of chlorine) for $10.80, or $0.23 per oz.

I'm going to check out Aldi here in Springfield to see if I can beat that...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.