Bleach Prices 2012

Most excellent. :)

I added the local WM and Aldi prices I've found.

Ya know...not long ago, I did a bit of toying with the Google Maps API, first chance I'd had to learn it...write something to locate astronomy viewing areas.

Wonder if i could do something up where you could enter your zip, and find bleach prices.sources within X miles...

Hrmm, might have to take a look at that.

gboulton said:
Around here, at least, it appears to depend on the Wal Mart...maybe it's a function of how quickly they turn over stock? Not sure.

Some still have the 96 oz bottles at that price...others have these "33% more free" bottles, almost always on an end cap.

I stocked up this week, should have about a 3-4 month supply on hand now (barring some sort of problem)

How long should we expect bottled bleach/liquid chlorine to last if stored in a cool dry place?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Welcome to tfp, sud6786 :wave:

spud6786 said:
first post...Costco Box of 3 182oz. Clorox Bleach (6%), $8.55 for the box. Like .016 per ounce!!
In this thread, we are comparing cost per ounce of sodium hypochlorite. For your example, the correct calculation is 8.55/(3X182X0.06)= $0.261/ounce which is okay, but if you look at this thread it may point you where you can get it cheaper.

spud6786 said:
first post...Costco Box of 3 182oz. Clorox Bleach (6%), $8.55 for the box. Like .016 per ounce!!

Don't mean to burst bubbles, but your math is a bit off. :) You've calculated the cost per oz of bleach, not the cost per oz of Sodium Hypochlorite

===============

Woops...linen beat me to it. *heh*

Called two local pool supply places:

1) 5 gal carboy of 12.5% for $18.99 = $0.237 per oz

2) 2.5 gal of 12.5% for $10 less 4 dollar deposit when you return the container = $6 for 2.5 gal which comes out to .15 per oz

3) Haven't checked the local aldi's yet

4) Walmart and Target have bumped their bleach prices to 2.99 this year

gboulton said:
They're 128. That was the point. :cool:

363153232-vi.jpg
Yes,I was going to say the samething..I was at the Wally World in Asheboro ,NC a couple week's ago clean'd the shelf.$1.64 for a 1/4 more of bleach..Pick up 12 of them.Haven't found anymore around here.Like I said last yr.You pay for what you buy.I tried the Aldi,Walgreen's & they just don't hold FC as long as the walmart,clorox brand's.Yes, the other was 6% ....Pool looking great this yr.If it would just warm up..Started 2 week's ago at 65 degree's now we have got up to 75..Maybe be warm enough to jump in by the weekend.. :whoot:

kplaster said:
I tried the Aldi,Walgreen's & they just don't hold FC as long as the walmart,clorox brand's.

I ran through 4 bottles of the Aldi brand here, didn't notice any difference in raising or holding FC.

I'd guess it's just luck of the draw...when the bottles made it to the store.

I didn't think to check them for a manuf. date...I'll look next time I'm there if I remember.

gboulton said:
kplaster said:
I tried the Aldi,Walgreen's & they just don't hold FC as long as the walmart,clorox brand's.

I ran through 4 bottles of the Aldi brand here, didn't notice any difference in raising or holding FC.

I'd guess it's just luck of the draw...when the bottles made it to the store.

I didn't think to check them for a manuf. date...I'll look next time I'm there if I remember.
Yes,I stopped a Aldi's last yr & everone was out of date..I posted on this last yr..I just have better luck with the great value brand..I did test my wondering last yr..I can hold FC longer &less amount of the other bleach's.I can also allow my FC to drop lower without any problem's..I never have any algi outbrakes when I stay with great value..Just has soon has I started using the other was using more product to fight the algi...To each is on...The only difference with the aldi brand that I noticed from other's on the forum is they sale a different brand around here.

stslimited84 said:
Called two local pool supply places:

1) 5 gal carboy of 12.5% for $18.99 = $0.237 per oz

2) 2.5 gal of 12.5% for $10 less 4 dollar deposit when you return the container = $6 for 2.5 gal which comes out to .15 per oz

3) Haven't checked the local aldi's yet

4) Walmart and Target have bumped their bleach prices to 2.99 this year

was my math correct on the above calculations?

gboulton said:
Yep, dead on. :)

If it was me, I'd stock up on a couple of those 2.5 gal jugs, and call it good. $0.15/oz, while not the rock bottom, seems to be a pretty good price!

Thanks for the verification; however it seems the deal isnt good. I called back to verify and its $10 per 2.5 gal bottle PLUS the 4 dollar deposit which comes out to $0.276 per ounce....no deal there!

back to searching... :rant:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.