Bleach Prices 2012

gboulton said:
stslimited84 said:
it seems the deal isnt good. I called back to verify and its $10 per 2.5 gal bottle PLUS the 4 dollar deposit which comes out to $0.276 per ounce....no deal there!

ACK! :shock:

well after some additional diligent googlin'...found another pool supply place with 5 gals of 12.5% for 12.60 + tax which comes out to $13.36 = $.1669 per oz

still pretty decent

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
linen said:
Yeah, that pretty good...definitely better than your previous options! Is it 5 separate gallons or all in one? If it is all in one, that could be a bit of a workout.

5 gallon carboy. Yeah it'll be a bit of a workout but should save some space.

I'm trying to decide on how much to pick up to start. 25 gals? more? Its our first full pool season.

stslimited84 said:
linen said:
Yeah, that pretty good...definitely better than your previous options! Is it 5 separate gallons or all in one? If it is all in one, that could be a bit of a workout.

5 gallon carboy. Yeah it'll be a bit of a workout but should save some space.

I'm trying to decide on how much to pick up to start. 25 gals? more? Its our first full pool season.
Hard to say how much you will need, but assuming you loose 2 ppm FC per day, that would mean about 50 ounces/day of 12.5% LC (for your 25000 gallon pool per poolcalculator.com). Again, I am assuming a lot that may or may not apply to your pool. At that rate a 5 gallon carboy would last ~13 days.

I would not overbuy since LC looses it strength fairly fast (see the link I posted previously in this thread). Maybe get 3 carboys which should last you just over a month at the usage rate above. Once you have used that amount, you will have a better idea of how much to buy next time.

linen said:
Hard to say how much you will need, but assuming you loose 2 ppm FC per day, that would mean about 50 ounces/day of 12.5% LC (for your 25000 gallon pool per poolcalculator.com). Again, I am assuming a lot that may or may not apply to your pool. At that rate a 5 gallon carboy would last ~13 days.

I would not overbuy since LC looses it strength fairly fast (see the link I posted previously in this thread). Maybe get 3 carboys which should last you just over a month at the usage rate above. Once you have used that amount, you will have a better idea of how much to buy next time.

Good call. Based on the chart from the link earlier in the thread, I figured the 12.5% would last ~3 months if stored in a cool dry place such as the basement. I'll probably pick up 3 or 4 as suggested and see how it goes and hopefully wont have to deal with any mid season price increases.

94SupraTT said:
family dollar has 6% bleach on sale for 2.50 for 182Oz. Plus there is a $5 off coupon in their website so that's $2 per jug. I just bought 10.

That's a pretty good deal! Below $0.19 an ounce.

You can sweeten the deal even more if you're current or former military. 10% off this weekend, and yes, they'll stack that with the sale and $5 coupon. Manager of my local store said any ID or discharge papers would be fine.

Wound up picking up 10 bottles for $18, which brings it down to $0.16/oz.

:whoot:

HofstraJet said:
Surprised at how cheap bleach is at my local Leslies/Pinch-A-Penny. $5.55 for a 2.5 gal carboy of 10%. Based on the bleach cost spreadsheet, that's equal to $1.33 for 1 gal of 6%. Plus for every 9, you get one free, so it is essentially 10% off making it $5/2.5 gal of 10%, or $1.20/gal of 6%.
That $0.172/ounce...decent.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.