Bleach Prices 2012

One of the local pool stores american sales sells a 4 pack of 12.5% for 9.99/~2.50 a gallon when on sale
Seems like a decent price for 12.5%
Hopefully menards will keep the $2/gallon sale going every once in a while so we can stock up :)

Highlandreef said:
One of the local pool stores american sales sells a 4 pack of 12.5% for 9.99/~2.50 a gallon when on sale
Seems like a decent price for 12.5%
Hopefully menards will keep the $2/gallon sale going every once in a while so we can stock up :)
Yeah that menards deal is good. $0.125/ounce...very nice :-D

linen said:
mpacheco72 said:
I bought 10% liquid chlorine at lowes for $1.50 for 1 gallon.
Wow, I beleive that is the lowest in this thread at $0.117/ounce! :cheers:

My husband thought I was a nut for buying the last they had in stock! The lady at the counter gave me a strange look. I didn't try the blood spill comment here. Too conservative and they often lack a sense of humor. :)

When the boxes of cereal and lots of other things (including grocery store bleach) were downsized to make it look like we were still getting the same bang for the buck, household bleach was also downsized. I can't find a gallon of bleach at the grocery store, only 96. oz. Anyway, Kroger has a 10/10 sale this week so I got 10 96 oz bottles of 6% Clorox for 1.79 a bottle. That is less than $.02 per oz. I'm happy. I've been paying $1.65 to $1.75 for generic and dollar store bleach. Sometimes I wonder about the actual strength and freshness of that off brand stuff... Plus I absolutely hate those safety seals that won't come off. Gets frustrating at 9 pm when I'm trying to open that bleach. I just talked myself into getting another load of Clorox before it goes off sale. :)

They're 128. That was the point. :cool:

363153232-vi.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
bigpool said:
Anyway, Kroger has a 10/10 sale this week so I got 10 96 oz bottles of 6% Clorox for 1.79 a bottle. That is less than $.02 per oz.
Not to be a debbiedowner, but that's $0.311/ounce of sodium hypochorite which seems a bit steep. Math is 1.79/(96*0.06). Do you have a source for liquid chlorine around? At those bleach prices it might be worth a look.

I see what you are saying about the cost. My method of computation was wrong. How embarassing. Need to learn from this and find a better/cheaper source.

Thanks so much for educating me. I need all the help I can get.

My two local pool stores do not stock liquid chlorine and I can't find anything greater than 6% chlorine bleach at any of the local grocery or hardware stores. So, I've been using Great Value bleach from Wal Mart.
182oz for $2.98 = $.273 per ounce of chlorine

Just for giggles I called two of the local janitorial/industrial supply houses. I got TWO very different quotes on bleach from them.

Supply house number 1 can provide 12.5% bleach in two containers:
15gal for $179.34 = $.747 per ounce of chlorine (holy cow!)
55gal for approximately $300 = $.34 per ounce of chlorine

Supply house number 2 can provide 12.5% bleach in 5 gallon buckets
5gal for $17.25 = $.216 per ounce of chlorine

Looks like I'll be feeding my Stenner pump with 5 gallon buckets this summer.

Around here, at least, it appears to depend on the Wal Mart...maybe it's a function of how quickly they turn over stock? Not sure.

Some still have the 96 oz bottles at that price...others have these "33% more free" bottles, almost always on an end cap.

I stocked up this week, should have about a 3-4 month supply on hand now (barring some sort of problem)

YellowFever said:
My two local pool stores do not stock liquid chlorine and I can't find anything greater than 6% chlorine bleach at any of the local grocery or hardware stores. So, I've been using Great Value bleach from Wal Mart.
182oz for $2.98 = $.273 per ounce of chlorine

What about calling a pool install place? I know that one of the local pool install places near me has 5 gallon pails of 12.5% for $18.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.