Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filtration Aids - Hyflo Supercel

1. Back To Top    #1

Filtration Aids - Hyflo Supercel

Just curious...I have read several posts which say that adding a cup or so of DE to a sand filter improves water clarity albeit with a rise in pressure. Has anyone tried industrial alternatives such as hyflo supercel? This is apprently kind of similar in structure to DE if not identical.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Filtration Aids - Hyflo Supercel

Welcome to TFP!

That is just DE with a fancy brand name.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

LOL....thats actually funny because Im from India and I went around searching for DE all over the place and couldnt find it since we dont have DE filters here...so to find it under another name is just hilarious

4. Back To Top    #4

Now u CAN take about a cup of de and put it inside your cartridge filter to increase the range of micro what-nots the filter picks up..but not in a sand filter...in my opinion
    ~29k gal IG Vinyl Pool with Sand Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Putting DE in a cartridge filter can ruin the cartridge and force you to replace the cartridge.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School