Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is there such a thing as a chlorine/free pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is there such a thing as a chlorine/free pool?

I am having a great deal of difficulty navigating through the options for sanitizing my pool water. I've looked at ionizers, ozone, UV, etc. Do any of the ionizer/oxygenator systems (e.g., ecosmarte) actually do what they advertise? They receive very mixed reviews on the internet.
    10,500 gal Gunite,Imperial White River Rok,1.5hp Pentair Whisperflo,320sqft Clean & Clear,Intellichlor 40 SWG,EasyTouch w/Remote,Pentair Pool Shark Sweep(suction side),Jandy AE2000 Heat Pump & 8mil Solar Blanket,SAM Light,18in Caribean Shelf,6 & 4 ft Benches

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA
    First welcome to the forum.

Next, you might want to start with some of the stickies and especially this one.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner

3. Back To Top    #3
    There are two EPA approved chlorine free systems, bromine and biguanide and neither is the best choice for an outdoor pool EVERYTHING ELSE IS A SUPPLEMENTARY SANITIZER!!!!!!!!
    Some supplemental sanitizers are justified in certain conditions (such as ozone in a bromine hot tub or UV for an indoor pool) but many are just ripoffs based on pseudoscience! Ecosmarte is a prime example of this! If you believe HALF of what they say on their website then I have some water conditioning magnets and a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you!