Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reagent Refills. Shelf Life....

1. Back To Top    #1

Reagent Refills. Shelf Life....

After extensive Googling, it appears the consensus is that the shelf life for reagents is 1 yr. Considering that, I ordered refills for my TF100 kit, considering this is going on it's 3rd season. Wise move or waste of $?
    10,000 gallon
    Viking Freeform Fiberglass Inground Pool. FNS Plus DE Filter Pentair Challenger .75hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Reagent Refills. Shelf Life....

If it's 3 years old it's probably a good idea. I wouldn't consider it a waste at all.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

With careful storage reagents can last two years fairly easily and sometimes longer. However, the longer you go the more risk you have of them going bad and causing confusing results. Since pool care is much much easier when you have reliable results, getting refills for your kit is well worth it after two years.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Central Texas

My R0011L went bad after one year. I store them in a cabinet in the kitchen so it was not sun exposure of heat exposure. It was pretty easy to tell it was bad. The color was off and the results did not make sense. Everything else seems fine after one year. I did notice that my DPD powder has a very slight pink hue to it. I might re-order that but the tests seems to be in-line with what I would expect.
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump