Opened pool and started shocking late Wednesday. I've checked chlorine level every 4 hours or so after the initial hourly checks at start up,keeping the level at shock or a few points above. Done the over night chlorine drop test this morning. Last night after sunset the numbers were 16.5 fc,,0.0 cc. This mornning I got water before sunrise and tested. The numbers were 16.0 fc and 0.0 cc. The pool isnt sparking yet but is clearing nicely.
Should I maintain shock level until sparkling or begin to let it drop to normal level while the filter gets rid of the "dead bad boys" ?? I'm guessing that the shock process is fininshed at this point but just want to make sure. It's been a smooth process and dont want to mess up right at the end... A little chlorine,cya, and some elbow grease on the brush works better than a box full of expensive "opening kit" chemicals!