Hi I am Time-Man

Mar 23, 2012
Another guy from sunny south africa checking in . Been searching for a pool forum for a while and glad to have found you guys . I am not in the industry but a DIY type of person , and as always before i start a project i try and find as much info on a subject as possible .

Well some info : i bought a house with a broken pool a couple years back , and now decided to jump into the deep end and fix it myself !! The pool was a semi built up pool and who ever built it decided not to include any reinforcing into the structure !Iit is a massive pool 180 000 litres and not sunk into the ground 100% ,needless to say it broke it's back with the weight of the water , then they decided that a quick fix would be to fibreglass the pool to close the cracks . LOL that didn't work well and it just cracked right around again . Well i got a couple so called "pool builders" in to quote me and they must think i am daft and therefore i decided to do it myself .

So please keep a eye out for my posts in the construction thread as i will post photo's and ask anyone to throw in advice where possible .

Thank you before hand