New Build in Central Florida

Bigchz

Mar 13, 2012
Just started my build a couple weeks ago and excited for my family......I am going to try to attach a pic and go from there..........I have never owned a pool so the specs are kind of foreign to me.....I have a small back yard so I designed the best for the space I had.....After posting on here and talking with many people I decided to change from the ozone to salt water...I hope I made the right choice, but I am sure I did.....here is my new equipment setup....
10k Gal
Acrylic Deck Color Desert Sand
Coping color Almond
Deck type Acrylic texture
Pool interior Quartz Super Blue
Screen color Bronze
Step Tile Matching 3" diamond 12" spacing
Tile selection Verona Borba Turquoise

Alternative Sanitizers OZONE CLEAR O3 changed to JDYAPURE1400 - JNDY AquaPure 1400 SCG - Up To 40K Gal
Cartridge Filters Pentair-Clean & Clear 150 Sq.Ft. changed to JDYCS200 - JNDY 200sqft CS Series Cartridge Filter
Residential Pumps Pentair-WhisperFlo 1 1/2 HP Up-Rated 2 speed changed to PHPM2.0 - JNDY PHPM 2hp, 230/115 VAC, 2 speed
Sanitizers PENR171096 - Rainbow 320 Inline Chemical Feeder changed to PENR171096 - Rainbow 320 Inline Chemical Feeder
Pool Lights Pentair Intellibrite 5G color LED
Two spa therapy jets on long swimout
24" Water fall
Pool being 25'X11'2"
pool001.jpg

Attachments

• 2061.jpg
    2061.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 453
I can only really comment on the plumbing and pump. If your pool is 10k gallons or less, then the filter size is probably adequate but anything bigger and you might want to up size that. Your pump size may be slightly larger than necessary but it depends on the jet size and how the PB plans on plumbing the pool. But as a minimum, make sure you get a two speed. Also, do you know what the PB is planning for the plumbing. Ask for a plumbing schematic/drawing and post it. Many PBs just wing it on plumbing.

mas985 said:
But as a minimum, make sure you get a two speed.
He has to get a 2 speed, or multi speed. It's the law in FL now.
Florida Code Requirements

Electrical- UL1081 now requires that all motors or pumps when replaced MUST be installed with a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter).

Safety- Effective March 15, 2012, any residential swimming pool that requires the motor or pump to be replaced must be brought into compliance with ANSI-7 (VGB/suction entrapment). This is required under Section 613.2 of the 2010 Florida Building Code, Existing Building. The only exception is for the replacement of a pump or motor that is still under the manufacturer's warranty. Although not limited to the following, compliance with the new codes will require:

A. Must have at least the following:

Approved main drain covers (unless main drains are disconnected)
If a wall-suction inlet exists, have an automatic closing safety vac-lock

B. Must have one of the following:

Dual main drains
Engineered Vent Line to Main Drain
Motor/pump with built-in SVRS (Suction Vacuum Release System), or stand alone dedicated SVRS
VSP_Landing_Page_1.jpg

I was told of the new law when I bought my pool but they told I didnt have to have the 2speed until end of march....I am now wondering if my filter is going to be big enough.. :?: should I upgrade that :?: ?????...they havent worked on any of the equipment yet so I am thinking it is not to late....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am curious- I have heard many people here in GA, recoomend a pool heater if you get a screened room. I have been told it cuts down on the heating from the sun. Is this accurate? I havent seen any screen rooms that provide shade lol unless the ppols is installed near a house or other structure.

I have debated a screened room, but dont want a heater.

Your pool turned out beautiful. I hope you have many years of a TFP!!!!!

jhalpinjr said:
I am curious- I have heard many people here in GA, recoomend a pool heater if you get a screened room. I have been told it cuts down on the heating from the sun. Is this accurate? I havent seen any screen rooms that provide shade lol unless the ppols is installed near a house or other structure.

I have debated a screened room, but dont want a heater.

Your pool turned out beautiful. I hope you have many years of a TFP!!!!!

I have no screen over my pool, and it is at about 73 degrees. My friend, who lives 5 min away has a screen and his pool is 62!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.