Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Build in Central Florida

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build in Central Florida

Just started my build a couple weeks ago and excited for my family......I am going to try to attach a pic and go from there..........I have never owned a pool so the specs are kind of foreign to me.....I have a small back yard so I designed the best for the space I had.....After posting on here and talking with many people I decided to change from the ozone to salt water...I hope I made the right choice, but I am sure I did.....here is my new equipment setup....
    10k Gal
    Acrylic Deck Color Desert Sand
    Coping color Almond
    Deck type Acrylic texture
    Pool interior Quartz Super Blue
    Screen color Bronze
    Step Tile Matching 3" diamond 12" spacing
    Tile selection Verona Borba Turquoise

Alternative Sanitizers OZONE CLEAR O3 changed to JDYAPURE1400 - JNDY AquaPure 1400 SCG - Up To 40K Gal
    Cartridge Filters Pentair-Clean & Clear 150 Sq.Ft. changed to JDYCS200 - JNDY 200sqft CS Series Cartridge Filter
    Residential Pumps Pentair-WhisperFlo 1 1/2 HP Up-Rated 2 speed changed to PHPM2.0 - JNDY PHPM 2hp, 230/115 VAC, 2 speed
    Sanitizers PENR171096 - Rainbow 320 Inline Chemical Feeder changed to PENR171096 - Rainbow 320 Inline Chemical Feeder
    Pool Lights Pentair Intellibrite 5G color LED
    Two spa therapy jets on long swimout
    24" Water fall
    Pool being 25'X11'2"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fifield/37,000 gallons/IG/sand/plaster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Build in Central Florida

I can only really comment on the plumbing and pump. If your pool is 10k gallons or less, then the filter size is probably adequate but anything bigger and you might want to up size that. Your pump size may be slightly larger than necessary but it depends on the jet size and how the PB plans on plumbing the pool. But as a minimum, make sure you get a two speed. Also, do you know what the PB is planning for the plumbing. Ask for a plumbing schematic/drawing and post it. Many PBs just wing it on plumbing.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

I do not know anything about the plumbing.....but I will ask for it...they start that next week......I am getting a 2 speed pump....because of the water fall and two jets......

4. Back To Top    #4

Having a heck of a time with posting pics....I am now going to try photobucket.....can somebody please tell me if you see these pics.....thank you........

5. Back To Top    #5

This is the Dig

After Dig...

Grunite done

Another

6. Back To Top    #6

Well you can forget about the plumbing since it is already in. Hopefully, they did it right.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by mas985
    But as a minimum, make sure you get a two speed.
    He has to get a 2 speed, or multi speed. It's the law in FL now.
    Florida Code Requirements

Electrical- UL1081 now requires that all motors or pumps when replaced MUST be installed with a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter).

Safety- Effective March 15, 2012, any residential swimming pool that requires the motor or pump to be replaced must be brought into compliance with ANSI-7 (VGB/suction entrapment). This is required under Section 613.2 of the 2010 Florida Building Code, Existing Building. The only exception is for the replacement of a pump or motor that is still under the manufacturer's warranty. Although not limited to the following, compliance with the new codes will require:

A. Must have at least the following:

Approved main drain covers (unless main drains are disconnected)
    If a wall-suction inlet exists, have an automatic closing safety vac-lock

B. Must have one of the following:

Dual main drains
    Engineered Vent Line to Main Drain
    Motor/pump with built-in SVRS (Suction Vacuum Release System), or stand alone dedicated SVRS

8. Back To Top    #8

There's nothing in there that says anything about a multispeed pump.
    Where are you getting that it has to be a multispeed?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    There's nothing in there that says anything about a multispeed pump.
    Where are you getting that it has to be a multispeed?
    This was put into effect at the beginning of the year for us. I don't mind it as long as it saves me a few bills!

http://www.wilesroad.com/floridapoolpumplaw.html

Jose
    17x34' 13400gal freeform gunite IG pool, DB Tahoe Blue, cartridge filter, Rainbow 320, ClearO3 ozonator, 1.5HP 2sp Whisperflow, Intellibrite 5G Color LED, pavers, screened enclosure, Liquidator, 6x Fafco SunSavers, SolarTouch

10. Back To Top    #10

I was told of the new law when I bought my pool but they told I didnt have to have the 2speed until end of march....I am now wondering if my filter is going to be big enough.. should I upgrade that ?????...they havent worked on any of the equipment yet so I am thinking it is not to late....

11. Back To Top    #11

In the Industry

from my understanding, you are fine if the pump was purchased before 3/15/12

12. Back To Top    #12

Tile going up

Tile

tile

plumbing

plumbing

13. Back To Top    #13

Deck Poured

First coat....actually changing color to little more darker

Loving the waterfall

14. Back To Top    #14

Screen is up and plaster going on.....I see the light

15. Back To Top    #15

The Finished project.............Changed the deck color at last minute....PB not happy.....BUT WE ARE......

16. Back To Top    #16

My favorite thing about the pool................LED light...............

17. Back To Top    #17

The kids finally get to swim..........

18. Back To Top    #18

Great looking pool
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

19. Back To Top    #19

I am curious- I have heard many people here in GA, recoomend a pool heater if you get a screened room. I have been told it cuts down on the heating from the sun. Is this accurate? I havent seen any screen rooms that provide shade lol unless the ppols is installed near a house or other structure.

I have debated a screened room, but dont want a heater.

Your pool turned out beautiful. I hope you have many years of a TFP!!!!!
    16 x 32 Grecian Vinyl. Salt-Aqua Plus PS-4, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter, Hayward Ecostar SP34000vsp, Gulfstream HE-125-T-A Heat/Cool heat Pump

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by jhalpinjr
    I am curious- I have heard many people here in GA, recoomend a pool heater if you get a screened room. I have been told it cuts down on the heating from the sun. Is this accurate? I havent seen any screen rooms that provide shade lol unless the ppols is installed near a house or other structure.

I have debated a screened room, but dont want a heater.

Your pool turned out beautiful. I hope you have many years of a TFP!!!!!
    I have no screen over my pool, and it is at about 73 degrees. My friend, who lives 5 min away has a screen and his pool is 62!!!
    IG Plaster 20,000gal, attached spa w/ spillover, hayward C12002 cart filter, 1 1/2hp pump w/ polaris 360
    6/16/12 - PH 7.6, FC 6, CC 0, CYA 30, TA 80, Calcium 310

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast