adnedarn's Tucson pool renovation

By yesterday morning the pool was full, they stopped by and brushed it, ran the filter for a bit (priming it I guess) then in the afternoon the owner of the plastering company came and did the hot start up.... I believe he used 4 gallons of acid. Then he brushed it and it was odd... it got all foggy, then cleared up as the acid ate the stuff away. He then suspended a sump pump in the middle of the pool for circulation and said he would be by this AM to check on it, and probably put the PH to where it needed to be (after checking on stuff) so the pool people could come finish the chemical start up, turn the pump on, and start the lotsa brushing process. Sweeeeeet. :)
Andrew

IMG_3562.JPG

No worries Dave, just poking at you. *grin* hope you get better!
Linen, nice save attempt! ;) I probably would believe it, except it would be tricky getting the shark to sit there like that. heh

The water is 72f, I jumped in the other night... Wasn't horribly, but it was still really warm (about 80f with no wind) at 8pm when I did it. Hope it warms up a bit though... Maybe I'll toss the cover on it. *shrug*

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You know, I thought Duraleigh did that on purpose :shock:

72 is pretty brisk, but if you toss that cover on I bet you'll be close to 90 by the weekend. I jumped in yesterday at 74, put the cover on right afterward (I'd put it off long enough...) and it was 83 when I got home from work today.

No the crack you see is about all of it. BTW the crack that was filled in the pool is the far right corner in the deep. Not even any cracks on top over there.
Who knows what they did the pool was originally installed in the early 70s by a builder that had basically just started....
Thanks tk

Not to pick on adnedarn, but that crack is exactly the reason why we recommend that the coping always be separated from the deck by an expansion joint. The pool shell shifts relative to the deck, and you end up with a perfect crack about 1' back from the edge.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.