Pool Cleaner for a Dusty Pool

Katai

Mar 24, 2012
Hey everyone. I'm in the market to buy a pool cleaner/robot. I've been lurking the forums for about a week now, and I haven't really found the answers I needed.

Essentially, I need something that can handle dust. It seems most cleaners are made to handle leaves and acorns, but my primary issue is dealing with dust and sand from my Arizona landscape. I would like some input on which machines would work best on dusty pools and not just simply kick the dirt up and mix it around.

As an extra note, my pool is lined with Pebbletec. I'm not sure if that matters.

I think most of the cleaners can help with dust if you set them up that way. Generally, I think the consensus is that robots are best.

Search for geekgranny's posts. She doesn't post here anymore, but she had a devil of a time with dust and wrote many detailed reports on her experiments dealing with it, and the various devices she employed in the process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.