Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Cleaner for a Dusty Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Cleaner for a Dusty Pool

Hey everyone. I'm in the market to buy a pool cleaner/robot. I've been lurking the forums for about a week now, and I haven't really found the answers I needed.

Essentially, I need something that can handle dust. It seems most cleaners are made to handle leaves and acorns, but my primary issue is dealing with dust and sand from my Arizona landscape. I would like some input on which machines would work best on dusty pools and not just simply kick the dirt up and mix it around.

As an extra note, my pool is lined with Pebbletec. I'm not sure if that matters.

2. Back To Top    #2

Parkland, FL

Re: Pool Cleaner for a Dusty Pool

they are all going to kick it up, sand a robot can grab, dust is going to be handled by your filter after it gets kicked up.
    12000 gal diamond brite pool with 400 gal spillover spa, 1 1/2 HP pump and Hayward 1100 cartridge filter, Hayward Heatpump.

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Mine stays decidedly cleaner when in usage with the filter running. rob is right, and that goes for pollen too.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Dallas, TX

I think most of the cleaners can help with dust if you set them up that way. Generally, I think the consensus is that robots are best.

Search for geekgranny's posts. She doesn't post here anymore, but she had a devil of a time with dust and wrote many detailed reports on her experiments dealing with it, and the various devices she employed in the process.
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280