My Oasis (so far)

tjslice

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2011
We finished our pool late in the season last year. We got about 2 weeks of swimming in. I am really looking forward to spending some time out there this year! The only thing left I have to do is wire in two rock speakers, which will sit behind the pool, on either side of our main waterfall.

Most of this stuff is "on the cheap". The most expensive part of it is the furniture... that was the wife's department!

The TV is a 55" element LCD, 120 Hz. It is a refurb, and was also a display unit, so I got a really good deal. It is bigger than I was planning and is about 70 lbs., so I got the strongest ceiling mount I could find that was also reasonable priced. I decided to also run a safety cable through the mount, just in case. :) I installed a GFCI outlet for the tv power.

I also went on the cheap for our music. I had an old computer sitting around, so I use that to run Spotify, which is awesome btw. The best thing about it, is I can pretty much play anything I want & the app is free to stream to a PC. If you want to stream to a mobile device, you have to pay.

I purchased a 4 x 2 hdmi switch, so I can select between DirecTV, Blu-Ray player, my network player, and the 'spotify' PC. I can watch any combination on our Living room TV and the Patio TV. The only exception is I cannot display the PC on both TVs at the same time. The output runs to an HDMI over ethernet (Cat 6) adapter and then to the patio. The ethernet adapter also has an IR repeater for the remotes.

I needed some way to control the PC, which sits behind the TV in our living room. I bought a wireless ultra-mini usb keyboard with a touchpad. I ran an extra network cable, and used a USB to ethernet adapter for the receiver. I just have the reciever sitting in the attic above the patio, and it works great.

Almost all of the cabling, adapters, and switches came from monoprice. I highly recommend them. They have great stuff and even better prices. I also ordered a 5.1 speaker faceplate to make it all look nice and neat.

I did all the work myself, and my price is cheap. Including the audio reciever I bought, the TV, and all the equipment to install and run the system, I spent about $1200

Attachments

• DSCN0592.JPG
    DSCN0592.JPG
    277.4 KB · Views: 962
  • DSCN0594.JPG
    DSCN0594.JPG
    290.1 KB · Views: 962
  • DSCN0587.JPG
    DSCN0587.JPG
    328.9 KB · Views: 962
looks great
I second the vote for monoprice.. best place around to get cables & tv mounts
I have a small TV that we use in our gazebo. Since mounts are so cheap thru monoprice I put a second mount in our storage room.
When I want to use the TV I just pick it up off the mount inside & move it outside

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.